The #1 Procedure for Non-Invasive Fat Reduction!
CoolSculpting is now being offered at The Centre PC! This is an FDA-Cleared, non-surgical body contouring solution to help eliminate fat with little to no downtime.
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting targets and cools fat cells to temperatures that trigger their natural death without causing damage to surrounding tissue. It targets and eliminates only fat cells.
CoolSculpting providers attach applicators to the targeted area to cool the underlying fat tissue. A designed vacuum applicator draws the tissue into the applicator cup and gently holds it to the cooling panels. Sensors are embedded in the applicator which monitors the skin during the procedure to ensure consistent and uniform treatment.
The sensors are linked to a control console to continuously monitor and adjust cooling throughout the treatment. A paging system automatically alerts the provider of any device or patient issues that need attention. It also notifies the provider when the treatment is complete.
Some people have trouble losing fat in problem areas, even after trying through diet and exercise. Since CoolSculpting is non-invasive and has proven noticeable results, it may be the perfect option to get rid of unwanted fat. The FDA has cleared CoolSculpting to be utilized in 9 treatments areas including:
- Flanks/Side (often referred to as “love handles”)
- Double chin
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
- Upper arms
Unlike liposuction and other surgical fat removal options, CoolSculpting requires no surgery, no anesthesia and little to no downtime after the procedure!
Who is a Good Candidate for CoolSculpting?
Ideal candidates for the CoolSculpting treatment are relatively fit but have some modest-size fat bulges that are not easily reduced through diet and exercise. They are seeking spot reduction for specific areas of fat but are not considering a surgical procedure.
The CoolSculpting treatment is not intended for weight loss or obesity, and it is not a substitute for invasive methods such as liposuction.
You should be very close to or at your goal weight before scheduling Coolsculpting. That’s because the procedure is meant to take off that last bit of stubborn fat, not help you drop pounds for good.
Where Does the Fat Go?
The frozen fat cells become crystallized, then die. The dead fat cells then are naturally processed and eliminated by your body.
Some patients wonder if the results are permanent. CoolSculpting results are long term because those fat cells, and that fat bulge, are gone for good. During the procedure, exposure to cooling causes fat cell apoptosis, which leads to the release of cytokines and other inflammatory mediators.
Inflammatory cells gradually digest the affected fat cells in the months after the procedure. Lipids from these fat cells are slowly released and transported by the lymphatic system to be processed, much like fat from food. Because the lipid clearance process is gradual, there is no harmful change in blood lipids or liver function.\
Does CoolSculpting Hurt?
One of the most common questions about the procedure is often “Does it hurt?” Just as the name implies, CoolSculpting is definitely chilly.
Although most people feel that the procedure is painless, some people will experience a small amount of discomfort from the pressure and cold sensation during the first few minutes of the initial placement of the applicator.
Discomfort can also be felt during the massage portion of the treatment. Initially, patients may feel intense cold but that feeling usually subsides within the first 5 to 10 minutes of treatment as the area becomes numb. Other common effects include mild pulling, tugging or pinching as the applicator draws the fatty tissue to accurately target the specific treatment area.
How Soon Will I See Results?
You may start to see changes in as early as three to four weeks after your treatment and will experience the most dramatic results at three months. Your body will continue to naturally process the injured fat cells for approximately four months after your procedure. Results may take up to 4 months to become visible.
What to Expect on Treatment Day
During your one-on-one consultation, a clinician will customize a treatment plan that will work for your body and the goals you desire to accomplish. Everyone’s body is different, so it is important to work with a CoolSculpting clinician to tailor a plan to meet your needs.
At The Centre PC, we will recommend which areas should be treated and how many treatments you will need to meet your desired results.
The day of your treatment, a gel pad and applicator will be applied to the targeted area. The applicator will deliver a controlled cooling that targets the fat in the selected area. While you are receiving treatment, many people read, check email or even take a nap.
CoolSculpting is completely non-surgical and many people feel like they can return to their normal activities after the treatment is complete. In fact, many patients return to work after receiving treatment.
What Does it Feel Like During and After Treatment?
The following effects can occur in the treatment area during and after treatment. These effects are temporary and generally resolve within days or weeks.
During a treatment you may feel:
- Sensations of pulling, tugging, and mild pinching at the treatment site.
- Intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, cramping. These sensations subside as the area becomes numb.
Immediately after a treatment:
- Redness and firmness.
- Transient blanching and/or mild bruising around the edges of the treatment area.
- Tingling and stinging.
One to three weeks after a treatment:
- Bruising and swelling.
- Tenderness, cramping, and aching
- Itching, skin sensitivity, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after treatment.
- A sensation of fullness in the back of the throat after submental area treatment.
What is the Cost of CoolSculpting, How Many Treatments are Needed and the Importance of the Consultation:
CoolSculpting costs vary based on the area of the body being treated, the number of treatment sessions needed, and the patient’s goals, therefore, the consultation is one of the most important aspects to the success of CoolSculpting.
What to expect during your consult:
- We review your health history and discuss anything that may be pertinent to your ability to tolerate the treatments and get excellent results.
- You receive a thorough explanation of how CoolSculpting works, including how the treatment is administered, the common and rare side effects and the sort of results you can expect. All your questions should be answered to your satisfaction.
- The area you want to be treated is properly assessed, including manually feeling the thickness of the fat.
- Before pictures are taken.
- The CoolSculpting templates are applied to the area to plan the treatment. Markings on the skin are made with a washable marker to show where the templates would go. Photos are then taken of the markings to have a record of what was planned.
- Your treatment plan and the cost are reviewed with you. You may be presented with several options.
Each treatment will be performed several months apart, to give the body enough time to react naturally, and dispose of the fat cells. Typically, it is best to wait a minimum of 30 days before starting a new session of CoolSculpting, with 3 months being ideal
What are the Contraindications of CoolSculpting?
- Cryoglobulinemia: a condition in which an abnormal level of proteins thickens the blood I cold temperatures.
- Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria or cold agglutinin disease- blood disorders in which cold temperatures lead to red blood cell death.
- Hernia in the area to be treated.
- Neuropathic nerve disorders such as post-herpetic neuralgia or diabetic neuropathy
- Pregnancy or lactation
- Any active implanted devices such as pacemakers
- Recent surgery or scar tissue in the area to be treated.
What Are the Side Effects of CoolSculpting?
Following the procedure, temporary side effects include redness, swelling, bruising, tingling, itching, and tenderness. These effects generally resolve within days or weeks. The downtime is much less than other surgical fat reduction options and the side effects tend to be much milder.
CoolSculpting is a long-term solution for stubborn fat. Some patients may see results as early as 3 weeks after their initial treatment, but the most dramatic results are noticeable between 1 and 3 months following treatment. Every patient is different and some areas may require more than 1 treatment to see desired results.
Looking for a non-invasive way to lose stubborn fat? Schedule a CoolSculpting consultation at The Centre PC today (574) 968-9100!