Cosmetic Treatments for Spider Veins
For more than fifteen years, the pulsed dye laser has safely and effectively treated vascular lesions or spider veins. It is designed to deliver a gentle, while an intense burst of laser light to the skin.
The light is absorbed by the blood vessels specifically in the vascular region. These vessels are gently heated and coagulated. The body then reabsorbs the treated blood vessels during the natural healing process.
The laser has a unique ability to selectively target the blood vessels of a vascular lesion without adversely affecting the surrounding tissue. In fact, it’s so safe and effective that it has been successfully used for the treatment of infants as young as weeks old.
The skin is further protected during treatment for spider veins by an integrated contact cooling that provides epidermal protection and patient comfort.
Conditions treated with the laser include:
- Facial spider veins
- Rosacea – affecting the skin of the face around the nose and cheeks, causing a red blush or sunburned look
- Port-wine stains/red birthmarks and strawberry hemangiomas – red lesions that grow rapidly after birth and may impair the function of another organ
- Warts – small benign growths in the skin that usually appear on the hands, feet or genitalia
- Scars – raised or puffy scars that are often caused by surgery, trauma, acne or burns
- Stretch marks – frequently appearing after pregnancy over the stomach, thighs, buttocks, breasts, shoulders and lower back; stretch marks also develop after major weight loss
- Spider veins in the leg (less than 1 millimeter) – there are multiple causes, but the precise origin is unknown, but reports have shown that pregnancy, hormonal changes, weight gain, leg injury or prolonged standing may influence the occurrence of spider veins in the legs
- Poikiloderma – patchy discoloration of the skin
- Telangiectasia – widely open (dilated) blood vessels in the outer layer of the skin.
For more information on the laser treatments available for Spider Vein Removal, call now to schedule your free skin health evaluation.